webtier@glassfish.java.net

JSF performance

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 21:54:48 -0500 (CDT)

We are seeing ajax requests take around 300ms in RENDER_RESPONSE when there
is no back-end logic happening, just setting a boolean in
UPDATE_MODEL_VALUES. When profiling it appears that over 50% of time is being
spent in FaceletViewHandlingStrategy.buildView (called from
RenderResponsePhase.execute). Why does buildView need to be called on a Ajax
postback? Why do components that are not rendered need to be visited as part
of buildView? Is there anyway to speed this up or prevent it from happening?

Note that this is a very complex page with a lot of composite components. We
are using JSF 2.1.3.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'dgarth']