webtier@glassfish.java.net

REST Request 'http://localhost:4849/....' failed with response code '404'.

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 01:19:23 -0500 (CDT)

 Hello,

I'm new to this forum and also to Glassfish and Java EE, so some of the
problems I raise or questions I ask may be stupid or sensless, but please
bare with me and comment if you can.

What I want to do is to deploy a JSF/EJB application under Glassfish 3.1 and
I get the error mentioned bellow:

"REST Request
'http://localhost:4849/management/domain/servers/server/server/application-ref/JSFtest6EAR'
failed with response code '404'."

The aplication was previously deployed and it worked, but since last night I
stopped working right. I do not remember what I changed ... :( ... I
currently deploy trial applications very often to try to figure out how
things work. The problem is that I do not know if the issue is related to the
application or something bumped in Glassfish.

Here is my setup:

  1) Glassfish 3.1, installed standalone on my pc (Windows 7)
  2) Eclipse Indigo EE used for development and packaging
  3) Application packaged as an EAR - attached - (I recently found out that
     WAR was not a good choice for packaging in my case). Application is
     deployed without libraries, it is composed out of two JSF pages and a
     bean that are intended to create some sort of book registry and be able
     to list the books created (I kinda get the feeling that this example is
     classic :) ).

Any comments and remarks are welcomed,

Thanks!

--
[Message sent by forum member 'ionut.vaidianu']