webtier@glassfish.java.net

jsf 2.0 and mathml

From: Mike Gordon <mgordon_at_fms.k12.nm.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:28:45 -0600

Hi,
I'm not a professional programmer, just a math teacher with a programming
hobby. I want to build a jsf 2.0 web application that must deliver math
content. I'm using netbeans 7.0 and the bundled glassfish server. Problem:
I've created pages that will successfully render mathml as long as I
reference them from my index page with the following statement;
the mathml renders correctly but jsf content is not rendered(blank).

When I use this statement <a href = "faces/mathMLTest.xhtml>Testing</a>
the jsf stuff is rendered but the mathml content is in plain text.

I posted this on another user area for glassfish and a kind reply was
given that I must create or extend a custom renderer, or use HTML 5. Need
some further help on how to accomplish this.

This link http://bdn.backbase.com/node/4401 gives an example that I've
tried to follow with no success.

Can someone please point me to a resource or supply information on how to
make this work?

I'm unsure how to include example code in this email. Sorry for the
ignorance.

Thanks,

Mike Gordon
Math-Robotics