webtier@glassfish.java.net

Session Tracking Mechanisms // Binding SSL Session to HttpSession

From: Markus Eisele <myfear_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 11:59:48 +0200

Hi all,

I am trying to assign an SSL Session Id as the WebContainer HTTPSession Id.
There are a couple of posts around suggesting to use a import
org.apache.catalina.Valve implementation.
(compare Jan's post here http://blogs.sun.com/jluehe/date/200712 and
this forum discussion http://forums.java.net/node/676577 )
BUT ... I am not able to find a suitable replacement for:

CoyoteRequest coyoReq = (CoyoteRequest) request;
coyoReq.setRequestedSessionId(cid);

what seems to have worked with v2 / v3 and doesn't with 3.1

I am able to get the SSL Session ID with my Custom Valve:

Integer cidsize =
(Integer)request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.key_size"); //
first
String cid = (String)request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.ssl_session");
// get the SSL Session

Thanks for any hints!

Rgds
Markus