webtier@glassfish.java.net

servlet not deployed

From: <noreply_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 10:20:47 -0700

I was using glassfish v3 and servlets were configured with annotations and I
didn't have web.xml file. Everything was working fine until I upgraded
glassfish eclipse pluginĀ  to OEPE. Now my servlets are not deployed using
annotations. I have created a new dynamic web project just added on servlet
to it and the glassfish management console shows only one default servlet and
one index.jsp file after deployment. there are no errors generatedd in the
log it just says that it took some miliseconds to deploy the project.

The sun-web.xml file shows the older servlet 2.5 description:

<!DOCTYPE sun-web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Application
Server 9.0 Servlet 2.5//EN"
"http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-web-app_2_5-0.dtd">

however when I was creating the new project I have chosen 3.0 descriptor and
my eclipse project also shows (3.0 Deployment Descriptor). Has anyone had a
similar problem, how you solved it?

I have replaced the above line in sun-web.xml with:

<!DOCTYPE sun-web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD GlassFish
Application Server 3.0 Servlet 3.0//EN"
"http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-web-app_3_0-0.dtd">

but it is still not working.

any help will be greatly appreaciated

--
[Message sent by forum member 'tornike']