webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: The "http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page" namespace

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 07:21:07 PDT

Hi,

> Thanks for the answer Manuel,
>
> I guess that now, my question is :
>
> What is the use of the "jsp:root" tag and when can
> you use it (.jsp, .jsp, .xhtml) ?
>
> Thanks

I have never used the jsp:root tag directly. Also, from what I can read at

http://download.oracle.com/javaee/1.4/tutorial/doc/JSPX3.html
http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/syntax/1.2/syntaxref123.html

it looks to me like this tag was being used in very early versions of JSP (the Java Server Pages standard is at version 2.1 now).

So to answer your question, you can use jsp:root in .jsp files.

.xhtml files are used by Java Server Faces 2.x as a means to model JSF views.

Perhaps you might want to read a bit more on JSP/JSF and the history. Especially if you use Mojarra (the JSF 2.x RI) you are probably better of developing views in XHTML rather than with JSP & JSF tags from JSF 1.x
[Message sent by forum member 'manuelbernhardt']