webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: The "http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page" namespace

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 00:55:40 PDT

Hi,

> The problem is I can't declare this namespace in my
> .xhtml files (and use the "jsp:" tags), I always get

This does look a bit odd to me -- to my knowledge, some JSF tags have a support in JSP (so you can use them in a JSP page), but I'm afraid the other way around just won't work -- the JSF lifecycle is rather different from the JSP lifecycle, so JSP tags won't run in a JSF view.

That is, some of the taglibs that exist for JSP also exist for JSF (like e.g. the JSTL core taglib). For the rest, you should be able to achieve the same kind of things you wanted to do with a jsp: tag in JSF, however probably in a different way.

Hope this helps,

Manuel
[Message sent by forum member 'manuelbernhardt']