webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: serious performance bug with JSF2

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:01:33 PDT

Hi Brendan,

  Actually I noticed the problem when I was using primeFaces. PrimeFace guys told me the problem is with JSF core.

    There are two problems with JSF2 (Mojarra 2.0,2):

  1) performance (the problem doesn't exist in JSF1.2)
  2) bug (error) as component's methods should not be called at all if component is nested in a non rendered component. Again, JSF1.2 respects this.

   If JSF is all about "component based development" (as it replaces JSP "page based development") then it doesn't make any sense "... to restructure my code". I understand you have done that as workaround solution.

   Regards,

  Leandro
[Message sent by forum member 'leandro_komosinski']