webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] JSF 2.0: A Report from the Trenches

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 16:48:19 PDT

> Hey, Marty. Thanks for the report. [...] I wish
> more people were planning on migrating to GlassFish,
> but I guess you can't have it all. :)

Hey, Jason. One thing to bear in mind is that most of my courses were onsite courses at specific companies. So, even if they had 20 developers, they probably only had a single app server or servlet container in mind, and they probably had already chosen that before they made the decision to go with JSF 2.0. In fact, with at least one organization, they were undecided on the framework until I convinced them to go with JSF 2.0.

So, I think my experience represents a pretty small sample, so I wouldn't draw [i]too[/i] strong of a conclusion about what app servers are catching on for deploying JSF 2.0 apps. That being said, the observation that none of them was going with Glassfish was still interesting.

Cheers-
- Marty
-----
http://www.coreservlets.com/JSF-Tutorial/jsf2/
[Message sent by forum member 'martyhall']