webtier@glassfish.java.net

JSF/Facelets h:head and h:body tags missing and causing stack dump

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 03:16:11 PDT

Hi,

I have been trying to use a JSP page that uses the h:head and h:body tags. The container I am using is GlassFish V3. The application deploys but when the JSP is compiled into XHTML the following error occurs: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /index.jsp(3,0) PWC6142: No tag "head" defined in tag library imported with prefix "h".

I have tried replacing jsf-api.jar and jsf-impl.jar in the appserver with the latest versions of jars like Mojarra and myfaces but no success.
The JSF2.0 spec says these tags should be there. The Java EE 6 tutorial singlepdf version p. 166 refers to: http://download.oracle.com/javaee/6/javaserverfaces/2.0/docs/pdldocs/facelets/ which does not have the h:head and h:body functions but does have ui: functions.

The Mojarra jars come with examples that use both h:body and h:head tags. The Apache tag library documentation (http://myfaces.apache.org/core20/myfaces-impl/tlddoc-facelets/index.html)says the body and head tags should be there. However this does not correspond with the taglib documentation that gets downloaded with myfaces-api-2.0.1.jar and myfaces-impl-2.0.1.jar which does not include the head and body tags.

I have also tried, because it was quicker, to add libraries to the build path in Eclipse and see what it prompts me when I type ‘<h:’. I can some of the tags but not the h:head and h:body nor the ui: tags for facelets.

Can anyone please tell me where I can download jar that has these tags. There must be some somewhere there are several examples from different sources that use these tags.

Cheers,
JR
[Message sent by forum member 'jdraven']