webtier@glassfish.java.net

JSF Question about passing parameters to resource bundles from facelets...

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 06:58:44 PDT

have a JSF question about how to pass mutliple complex parameters to resource bundles. Take the following example below where I am passing a value to a resource bundle for a parameter. Works fine.

<h:outputFormat value="#{messages['label.widget.count']}">
   <f:param value="#{widgetCount}"/>
</h:outputFormat>

Now take the example(s) below using a converter or more complicated piece of data that needs something done to it and am passing a value to a resource bundle for a parameter. This doesn’t work (it returns a null value even though outside of it it runs fine) . I’ve tried everything and can’t figure out how to do it. Any ideas?

<h:outputFormat value="#{messages['label.welcomemessagewithdate']}">
   <f:param value="#{widget.date}">
        <f:converter converterId=”dateConverter” />
   </f:param>
</h:outputFormat>
 OR
<h:outputFormat value="#{messages['label.welcomemessagewithdate']}">
   <f:param>
         <h:outputText value="#{widget.date}">
              <f:converter converterId=”dateConverter” />
        </h:outputText>
   </f:param>
</h:outputFormat>

So the basic question is how can I pass a parameter to a resource bundle in the form of “widge.message=Hello {0}, the time is {1}” where 1 needs a converter with it to format it correctly?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'qdog1028']