webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: Behavior of the f:event and postValidate event

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:26:31 PDT

> In the example below I'm was expecting that the
> postValidate method would fire after the value of the
> input field has been converted. Currently, the
> postValidate method is executed before.

yes, I, too, observed this erroneus behavior and found your post while searching with google whether someone else has already noticed it. This is definitely a bug in Mojarra 2.0.2-FCS. Unfortunately.

The JSF 2.0 Spec, section 3.2.7.3, clearly states:

The PreValidateEvent is published immediately before the component gets validated. PostValidate is published after validation has
 occurred, regardless if the validation was successful or not.

regards,

Wolfgang Schwendt
[Message sent by forum member 'wschwendt']