webtier@glassfish.java.net

[webtier] Re: Intermittent, but reproducible (!), corruption of the session map

From: Ed Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:31:28 -0700

BH> This problem turns out to be caused by using
BH> @ManagedProperty(value = "#{sessionScope}") to access the session map
BH> (via getters and setters).

Do you have the annotation on the instance variable *and* have a
corresponding getter and setter? This is an unfortunate inconsistency
between JSF managed beans and JavaEE managed beans. We aim to fix this
in JSF 2.1.

I certainly hope this works in Mojarra 2.0.3 because I consider it a
best practice to inject session scope in this way.

Ed