webtier@glassfish.java.net

Composite Components questions

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:58:25 PDT

Hi,
We have tried to refactor our complex jsf forms and turn some controls into composite components (CC). We have a few question concerning composite components:
1. Is it possible to use validator inside CC? We tried to wrap a group of controls in the f:validateRequierd tag, but it does not work. This is not a real problem because you can set the required attribute to true.
2. How to localize CC? We have used cc.resourceBundleMap inside CC, and created resource bundle file with the same name as CC has (for example samplecc.properties - file is placed in the same folder as CC). We have provided localized resource bundle files also (samplecc_pl.properties, ect.). When default language is changed in a web browser configuration, all application resources switch to that language except from CC. CC always takes text resources from samplecc.properties. What we are doing wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Regards
Marcin Kwapisz
[Message sent by forum member 'mkwapisz']