webtier@glassfish.java.net

Mixed contexts in EAR ?

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 10:59:40 PDT

Hello everybody!
I have 3 applications: 2 web modules and 1 EJB module, inside a EAR.

describing the apps:
WebApp1 - jsf 1.2 + facelets + richfaces + postgres
WebApp2 - jsf 1.2 + facelets + richfaces + postgres + pretty-faces

both use the EJB module for accessing data and the business logic.

PROBLEM:

only WebApp2 uses the pretty-faces which has a filter (PrettyFilter) mapped in its web.xml. However, when I try to access the WebApp1, it asks for this filter and throws nullPointerException. Also, it "breaks" some styles (CSS) in WebApp1. PS.: WebApp2 loads successfully.

Does anyone know what is happening? I'm stuck in this issue for weeks and I do not know what to do anymore.

I've tried removing the framework and both apps loaded. But WebApp1 still got the css issue. When I remove the WebApp2 it loads OK.

I've created another web app (WebApp3) and added it to EAR in place of WebApp2, and the problem appear again.

It's like GlashFish is mixing the root contexts...

I am using GlashFish v2
[Message sent by forum member 'rafaeltc']