webtier@glassfish.java.net

renderFacet vs. insertFacet

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 14:03:32 PDT

Hello,
I'm just looking for some clarification on the composite:renderFacet and composite:insertFacet tags.

The docs for insertFacet state the following:
The presence of this tag in a <composite:implementation> section must cause the named facet to be taken from the facet map of the top level component and inserted as a facet child of the component in which this element is nested.

The docs for renderFacet state:
This element is used in the <composite:implementation> section. The facet with the name equal to the value of the name attribute, given by the page author in the using page, will be rendered at this point in the composite component PDL page.

So if in my composite component if I use the "insertFacet" tag, then it will behave as though the facet itself, including the f:facet tag is within my component. If I use the "renderFacet" tag, then it will behave as though the content of the facet tag is at that point in my component, but not the facet tag, is that correct?

Thanks,
Joel
[Message sent by forum member 'jweight']