webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] JSF 2.0 Tutorial: New Section on "ui:repeat and Variable-Length Data"

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:15:20 PST

Wow! I never expected a reply that was both so fast and so helpful. Thanks Joel!

I updated the tutorial to take [b]all [/b]of your comments into consideration, including a slide specifically drawing attention to your #{condition ? 'val1' : 'val2'} alternative and a comment about the hot-deploy drawback of the bean option. The updated version should be live now.

BTW, the java.net forums do not automatically escape HTML characters, so your example on alternatives to ui:fragment was hard to read on the forum page. AFAIK, posters have to manually go through their posting and change '&lt;' to '&amp;lt;'. If there is a better way, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks again! Cheers-

             - Marty
-------
Live JSF 2.0 Training Course: http://courses.coreservlets.com/public-courses/jsf2/
[Message sent by forum member 'martyhall' (hall_at_coreservlets.com)]