webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: Programmatic or dynamic construction of composite components

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:38:16 PST

Ok, so what I've got now is more-or-less OK code which does what I need. But I hope you can imagine how frustrated I am.

Here are my questions:

1. Am I missing something? Is there a simple way to do what I want?

2. As far as I understand, this feature (programmatic creation of composite components) is foreseen in the specification. Am I right that this feature is effectively not yet implemented in Mojarra 2.0.2/2.0.3?

3. Is it going to be implemented?

4. When (well, if) it will be implemented, how is it supposed to be used? Is [b]setComponent1[/b] in one of the first posts the right code?

5. Why does Facelets has so many package-protected constructs? For instance, why a public class with a package-protected method? Why so restrictive? Is prohibiting extensions an intended strategy (like, "don't you touch our tag handlers")? The rest of Mojarra is not that restrictive, by the way.

6. Would you consider making the com.sun.faces.facelets.tag.jsf.CompositeComponentTagHandler.CompositeComponentTagHandler(Resource, ComponentConfig) constructor public (or at least protected)? This would make my code much less hacky.

I hope you'll find time to view this topic and give me a couple of clues.

Thanks in advance,

Aleksei Valikov
[Message sent by forum member 'lexi' (valikov_at_gmx.net)]