webtier@glassfish.java.net

Login Scheme

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:22:35 PST

Hello,

Currently I have a login page, that sends username/password over ajax, authenticates, and on successfuly authentication reloads the page from client side, if the ajax request is successul.

I also made my ajaxy login page working with https.

What are the common schemes for making a login page? I noticed some sites like gmail submits a post, then displays a progress bar, or some sort of `please wait message` then redirects...

Basically I dont like my ajaxified login page, and want to make a more classical login page.

Best Regards,
-C.B.
[Message sent by forum member 'cambazz' (cambazz_at_gmail.com)]