webtier@glassfish.java.net

JSF 2.0: Legal Types for "value" of h:dataTable

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:15:34 PST

As far as I can find, neither the published JSF spec (JSF_20090506.pdf) nor the PDL docs for h:dataTable (https://javaserverfaces.dev.java.net/nonav/docs/2.0/pdldocs/facelets/h/dataTable.html) say what the legal types are for the "value" attribute of h:dataTable.

I have in my notes that in JSF 1.[i]x[/i], the legal types were array, List, ResultSet, Result, and DataModel. But I can't remember where I came up with this information. And, the PDL docs for ui:repeat (https://javaserverfaces.dev.java.net/nonav/docs/2.0/pdldocs/facelets/ui/repeat.html) say that its legal "value" types are array, List, ResultSet, and individual Java object. This is different than what I have for h:dataTable in JSF 1.[i]x[/i], and I would have thought that h:dataTable and ui:repeat would support the same types.

What is the definitive answer, and where in the spec does it say so?

Cheers-

         - Marty
-----
JSF 2.0 Training Course: http://courses.coreservlets.com/public-courses/jsf2/
[Message sent by forum member 'martyhall' (hall_at_coreservlets.com)]