webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] how do you write a custom UIComponent that accepts a custom attribute type

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:19:22 PST

Although a converter would in theory work, I'm trying to write a custom component, not a custom converter.

I see no real reason why I shouldn't be allowed to do this as a custom component since it appears to fit the model of a component... This Component is logic intensive and isn't simply just an html rendition of what is passed in. It does logic and processing based on what is passed in.

For now I've simply just put a getFoo() method is my ManagedBean and used <h:outputText value="#{myBean.foo}" escape="false" /> to render the html but that's just another hack too.
[Message sent by forum member 'tedman' (tedman_at_sfu.ca)]