webtier@glassfish.java.net

faces-request header

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 08:49:18 PST

Is there a reason that "faces-request" is set to "partial/ajax" is required for the ajax tag? I'm curious about the decision to use a header rather than a parameter or why this is even necessary given the "javax.faces.partial.ajax" parameter that exists.

I am dealing with a proxy server strips out all non-common headers sent out, so my solution was to check for the "javax.faces.partial.ajax" parameter set to true, and if so add the "faces-request" header back into the request.
[Message sent by forum member 'c00rdb' (gregory.bajgier_at_lmco.com)]