webtier@glassfish.java.net

Way to "Find" Faces Servlet?

From: Lincoln Baxter, III <lincolnbaxter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:23:23 -0500

I'm trying to figure out a way to dispatch a request to Faces Servlet,
but I'm not sure how to discover how Faces Servlet is mapped. Is there
any way to do this?

Basically, I want to be able to do something like this:

1. Request comes in for /some/url/
2. Filter intercepts /some/url/ and understands that it belongs to Faces
3. Filter forwards request to Faces Servlet (even though Faces Servlet
is not mapped to /some/url/ )

So that means that I need either a blind forward, or a way of
determining some URL that *does* resolve to Faces Servlet. Once the
request is in Faces, it does not matter that there is no view file
corresponding to the address.

Thanks,
Lincoln