webtier@glassfish.java.net

[webtier] Does the value of prependId have an influence on <f:ajax> ?

From: Celinio Fernandes <papouasied_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 07:55:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I am wondering if, in the <h:form> tag, setting the prependId attribute to true has any influence on the behaviour of the <f:ajax> tag.

I have tried both :
<h:form prependId="false"> and <h:form> (prependId is then set to default which is true).

In both cases, <f:ajax> works, despite different IDs resulting in the produced HTML pages.
My example has only one form and one component, maybe that's why.
What about more complex cases, for instance when there are several forms in a page, or same Ids ?

Does anyone have any feedback on that ?
Thanks.