webtier@glassfish.java.net

WEB-INF/lib/jsf_impl.jar ignored by Sun Application Server 9.1_02

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 03:16:09 PST

Hello everybody!

I have a problem using Mojarra 1.2_13-b01-FCS on Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02 (which is included in Java EE 5 SDK Update 6). I already created the necessary sun-web.xml with 'useMyFaces' parameter set to true and added jsf_api.jar and jsf_impl.jar to WEB-INF/lib.
But the application server log entry "Initializing Sun's JavaServer Faces implementation (1.2_04-b20-p03) for context '/foo'" indicates that JSF 1.2_04 is still loaded for my application. BUT WEB-INF/lib/jsf_impl.jar (which is 1.2_13) seems to be loaded in some way because calls to the JSF API apply to bug fixes introduced with 1.2_13. By the way when setting useMyFaces to false in sun-web.xml those API calls do not conform to bug fixes done in 1.2_13. Thus I conclude that useMyFaces=true causes that 1.2_13 is loaded for some parts of the application although the log still indicates that 1.2_04 is loaded. However the application does not work with this configuration. The only way I managed to run the application was to delete jsf_impl.jar from the server's lib directory. Doing that also the log indicates that 1.2_13 is loaded for my application.

It seems that Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02 always uses the jsf-impl.jar in its lib directory. Is there a way to change this behavior despite of deleteing the the jar in the lib directory?

Thanks in advance,
[Message sent by forum member 'robsta10' (robert.moestl_at_joanneum.at)]