webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] JSP Compilation error (Mixing Generics and Autoboxing) - Glassfish 2.1

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 18:10:50 -0800

Hi Rahul,

On 12/07/09 17:59, webtier_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> Why is the bug invalid? Are you saying that i should not mix generics with auto boxing?
> This macro works on every single application server except Glassfish.

What JDK version are you using?
Are you able to compile the Test.java (which I based on your code
snippet and
added to the bug report) with it?
It won't compile for me when I use "javac" (giving me the same error
that you got),
so I'm not surprised it also won't compile when embedded in a JSP page.

> Could you please elaborate why this is invalid?
>
> I will keep the rules in mind when i submit bugs in the future. I am sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused.

OK, thanks!

Jan