webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] how to extract URL parameters?

From: Felipe Gaścho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 16:21:56 +0100

I am a server side guy.. I have no much expertise in GUI technologies,
but JSF 2.0 Facelets seems a very promising technology..

I am following a parallel "HTML+CSS+jQuery" GUI done by a student
under my supervision.. but over there I missed a set of basics
features like validation, navigation, etc.. and that's why I started
my self investigation about JSF 2..

The best of my pet project continues to be the server side but
eventually my several frontends will bring me a better feeling on how
this technologies integrates to my web-services ;)

so far I have:

DWR frontend: http://fgaucho.dyndns.org:8080/arena-dwr/
JSF 2.0: http://fgaucho.dyndns.org:8080/arena-jsf20/

both GUIs connected to the same backend: a EJB 3.x + JPA 2 + Jersey
REStful web-services

let's see.. a lot to learn, a lot to enjoy :)