webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] Load a view file from the classpath?

From: Lincoln Baxter, III <lincolnbaxter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:44:13 -0500

I think that should be possible... how would you recommend I point
VDLFactory at the file on the classpath. Is there a way to get it to accept
a URL, or a resource?

        Util.notNull("context", context);
        String actualViewId = derivePhysicalViewId(context, viewId, false);
        return
vdlFactory.getViewDeclarationLanguage(actualViewId).createView(context,

actualViewId);

Or do I even need to do this as long as all of the Handlers know to
translate the custom ViewId into something real?

I guess I'm a little lost since it looks like everything I would do to
"Build a UIViewRoot" requires a String viewId... which I'm not sure would
let me do what I need to with the classpath.

--Lincoln