webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: Integrating chart generation engine into JSF 2.0

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 08:41:10 PST

> Thanks for the reply, somehow I missed it, I thought
> I would get notified.

Yes, me too.

> After a few days of trial and error I converted the
> component to JSF 2.0 - of cause into a java based one
> (with use of
> annotations I was able to get rid of half of the
> files). I don't remember much, one thing which
> puzzled me is that I still have to call
> setRendererType(DEFAULT_RENDERER);

Sorry I can't help you here. I didn't convert to annotations and I still have my calls too.

> But my question was more about what new unobvious
> features of JSF 2.0 could be applicable here. For
> instance it uses a Phase listener to serve images,
> may be that could be handled in a better way via
> resources (some custom ones(?))?

AFAIK the resource mechanism is intended for static resources not dynamic ones, so for the charts I don't think you'll be able to use it.

The only other thing I did was to add support for ClientBehaviors, for <f:ajax...>.

Most of the JSF 2 features apply to application writers and not so much to component writers. Andy Schwartz has a good overview of the new features: http://andyschwartz.wordpress.com/2009/07/31/whats-new-in-jsf-2/
[Message sent by forum member 'judys' (judy_at_apprisant.com)]