webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] Versioning of Mojarra jar files?

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 13:39:30 -0700

RL> On 10/14/09 10:44 AM, Uwe Seimet wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a question regarding the filenames of jsf-api.jar and
>> jsf-impl.jar. Can you add version numbers to these files, e.g.
>> jsf-impl-2.0.0.jar? This would help to prevent errors like accidentally
>> using Mojarra 2.0 in a setup where 1.2 would have been required.
>>
RL> I would recommend you obtain the 2.0.0 jars from maven. They include
RL> the version string
RL> in the jar file name.

I'd like to point out that if you are using JSF in a container that
already supports it, your compile time dependencies should be satisified
with the following:

repository: http://download.java.net/maven/2

    <groupId>javax.faces</groupId>
    <artifactId>jsf-api</artifactId>
    <version>2.0</version>
    <scope>provided</scope>

This jar is a special "signature only" jar that ensures that whetever
JSF impl you have in your container, that's the one that will get used
at runtime.

Ed