webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: _at_PreDestroy on a ViewScoped managed bean

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:55:47 PDT

Thanks. What I'm not clear on is when the view scope is destroyed.

On a related topic, I made the managed bean a SessionBean and by stopping and restarting Tomcat, I watched it serialize and deserialize the bean instance with the session. It seems that PreDestroy doesn't get called on instances that were deserialized when Tomcat was restarted. If you create a new one in a new session, PreDestroy does get called as expected.

As always I'm happy to produce test cases for both of these issues.
[Message sent by forum member 'judys' (judy_at_apprisant.com)]