webtier@glassfish.java.net

Bean validation localization issue

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 03:30:49 PDT

Hello,
I tested integration of a snapshot from last week with Hibernate Validator 4.0.0.GA. I just added the parameter INTERPRET_EMPTY_STRING_SUBMITTED_VALUES_AS_NULL to integrate it. The validation works fine but there is an issue with the selected messages.

I have a default language of en and a support language of de. My system language is de_DE. The default ResourceBundleMessageInterpolator cannot find the english default messages as they are stored in a file without _en suffix and falls back to a german bundle. Though the users locale and the locale passed to the interpolator was English.

Should I use a JSF specific interpolator or is this actualy a Hibernate validation bug (my assumption)?

Best Regards

Sebastian Hennebrueder
http://www.laliluna.de
[Message sent by forum member 'laliluna' (i_at_laliluna.de)]