webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] JSF 2.0: Spaces not Preserved before h:outputText values

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 06:38:55 PDT

> On 8/19/09 7:41 PM, Jim Driscoll wrote:
> [...]
> Actually, #{foo} and <h:outputText value="#{foo}"/> have the same escaping,
> so that's not a reason to avoid the simple case.

Whoa! That is very much news to me. I had thought that #{foo} was strictly whatever #{foo} would have been in the JSP 2.1 expression language. Clearly, I was wrong (and I made a test case to confirm so). However, I can't quite figure out where in the JSF spec it says this should be the expected behavior. Do you know where in the JSF 2 spec it says this? (I need to reread that section!)

Thanks very much!

- Marty (http://courses.coreservlets.com)
[Message sent by forum member 'martyhall' (martyhall)]