webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] JSF2: using JavaScript to update a component

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:52:01 PDT

Sorry, I didn't mean to be obtuse.

My component is a diagram, showing different data for different dates. The page has a h:selectOneRadio which lets you select between two dates. You can see the JSF1.2 incarnation of the page here:

http://www.apprisantj.com/jsfdemos/camp/reserve.faces

In the h:selectOneRadio I put the following:

<f:ajax render="diagram" onevent="printData" />

The spec tells me that execute defaults to @this, so I would expect the radio button to update its value expression, and the diagram to get re-rendered. In fact looking at the output, the diagram is the only thing it is trying to render.
[Message sent by forum member 'judys' (judys)]