webtier@glassfish.java.net

JSF conversion+inconsistency issue

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 08:28:43 PDT

Hi,

 i have a selectOneRadio with two options. I also have an inputText with BigDecimal converter attached.

When i switch between the two options, i want to populate the inputText value with new data. This is working fine, but here goes the tricky part: if the user enters invalid value, for example a string, the model won't get updated because of the conversion error. This is still ok, but the radio button is already switched, so it is in inconsistent state.

How can i prevent this from happening? I can't switch it back via model, because conversion is an earlier phase.
[Message sent by forum member 'gabox01' (beres.gabor_at_gmail.com)]