webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSF 2.0 CompositeComponent with f:ajax inside

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:08:32 PDT

There was something bugging me about this example, and I couldn't place my finger on it - then I remembered - I blogged about doing something similar:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/driscoll/archive/2009/07/a_tale_of_two_c.html

So, this is (probably) not a bug with Mojarra, but rather something to do with what you're doing.

But I have a guess: you're doing something like <form id="form" prependId="false">. So in that case, ":result" doesn't refer to the component, rather, ":form:result" refers to the component - the rendered id on the page isn't matching the in-memory id of the component.

It's best when using ajax tags not to do a prependId=false on naming containers - it confuses things.
[Message sent by forum member 'driscoll' (jim.driscoll_at_sun.com)]