webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] JSF2: using JavaScript to update a component

From: Jim Driscoll <Jim.Driscoll_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:22:49 -0700

I've filed a 616, 619, and 620 against the spec.

I've also just checked in code against Mojarra bug 1260 - it fixes a big
problem with <eval>, where it wasn't working correctly in all browsers.
  It also allows execution of inline <script> tags, though I still have
to implement <script src="file.js">, which I'm working on today.

So check out the nightly on Monday, it should have most of what you
need. (loading script source files will probably not make it in until
the Tuesday nightlies, since java.net is down all weekend)

Jim

P.S. Thanks for all your feedback. If you can, I'd *really* appreciate
giving this functionality a workout on your code before our FCS, which
is in mid-September. I'm taking a small risk in putting a new feature
in this late in the cycle, and I really, really want at least a couple
people to test it in their environment before we go live.