webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] Rendering of javascript on[click|change|*] event handlers

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:17:34 PDT

That was a quick reply. Yeah, separation of html and event handling/binding... that was the term I had in mind.

Our designers astonish me again and again, what's possible with html/css/javascript. These guys and girls have long year experience dealing with even older browsers like the IE 5.5. As far as I know these older browser have more problems with css than with javascript. Their general approach is to seperate all javascript completely from html in different files. Because in JSF the javascript is partly generated per request by script renders, this division in seperated files leads to seperate requests and is hardly to archive. Using an inline block for generated javascript would also be sufficient solution for me.

I digged a little into the rendering process... also into RenderKitUtils. Quite a mass of static methods around there. I had the hope one can change the rendering of some attributes without touching all the other render classes, even it's not portable to other implementations. Is there a chance the rendering of attributes will become hookable in any way even it is not in the specs?

BR, Sven
[Message sent by forum member 'tzwoenn' (tzwoenn)]