webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] Problem mixing JSF tablibs with JSP taglibs

From: Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lubke_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 08:10:24 -0700

On 7/1/09 2:00 AM, webtier_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i had some problems mixing older taglibs with the brand new jsf 2.0 taglibs.
> I have to say that im new to JSF and starting directly with the 2.0 may wasnt the best idea.
> Anyway may somebody can help me out, clearing some confusions.
>
> I had problems mixing the "http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets" with the "http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" library.
> Im using Glassfish 2.1 (newest) and the nightly build from the mojarra 2.0 implementation.
>
> [Example]
>
> <ui:repeat value="${entetys}" var="entety">
> <c:if test="${empty entety.bundle}">
> ${empty entety.bundle}
> </c:if>
> </ui:repeat>

The problem is a difference between actions that only execute when the
tree is created
(like c:forEach or c:if) and those tags that use UIComponents and thus
operate during the
standard JSF lifecycle (like ui:repeat).

There is a good write-up [1] by Roger Keayes that describes the differences.

[1] http://www.ilikespam.com/blog/c:foreach-vs-ui:repeat-in-facelets