webtier@glassfish.java.net

JSF2: MethodExpression attribute doesn't get set

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 19:38:17 PDT

I'm converting a couple of components and their demo programs from 1.2 to 2.0. The components have an attribute whose value is a MethodExpression:
  <ah:selectDiagram ... configuration="#{handler.configure}" ... />

In JSF2 I'm finding that the value gets set as a ValueExpression in the attributes map rather than setting the component's configuration property as a MethodExpression.

Workarounds would be to extract the String value from the ValueExpression, or define a new attribute that takes a String value "handler.configure" (as I did) and build a MethodExpression from it. But surely this wasn't what was intended?

(using Glassfish 2.1 with the JSF2 libs, if that makes a difference).
[Message sent by forum member 'judys' (judys)]