webtier@glassfish.java.net

JSF2: Facelet tags vs Composite components

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:13:49 PDT

Hello,

I've been using JSF and Facelets for about two years and I welcome the improvements that are about to ship with version 2.

In the past few days I've been struggling to make #{cc} work in custom Facelet tags with no success. Now I have started to realize that the new composite components are not the same as the old Facelet tags.

What I like about the new composite components is the cc.attrs map that provides encapsulation of the component attributes. The lack of such scope is problematic with Facelets because they automatically inherit all the available variables.

What I don't like about the composite components is that I can't find a way to specify a custom namespace or custom location for them. I'm building a solid set of components and functions and I can have custom namespace for functions and Facelet tags but I'm forced to use something like "http://java.sun.com/jsf/composite/components" for the composite components.

So my questions are:

1. Are there any chances that features like #{cc} will be available in custom Facelet tags?
2. Are there any plans to make composite components configurable in terms of namespace and location.

Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'rostislav' (rostislav)]