webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] JSF - javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD

From: Joel Weight <digitaljoel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:11:09 -0600

Everything you say sounds like a misconfiguration of the load balancer to
me. I would try running it outside the load balancer and see if you can
reproduce the problem, then if it still occurs, you could look elsewhere.

In our app, we have multiple forms on the page, and in client state saving
the state is written to the response for each form so our simple pages ended
up being a 2MB download for the client, so we went to server. We never had
any problem losing state with either configuration.

If you can reproduce it reliably only on certain pages, then faces-config
could be the problem, but as I said, I would look at the load balancer first
given your symptoms.

Joel