webtier@glassfish.java.net

f:ajax event attribute won't accept expression

From: Paulo Cesar Reis <casmeiron_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 12:01:26 -0300

Hi all,

I am trying to create a simple composite component where user can customize
the ajax event:
<f:ajax event="#{cc.attrs.event}" render="#{cc.attrs.target}"
execute="@this" />

But when I try to execute the page I get:
<f:ajax> Event attribute could not be determined: #{cc.attrs.event}

And when I put the same expression inside a outputText the value is shown
correctly.

So does the f:ajax event attribute accepts expression?

Also I¹m wondering whether I can use f:param tag to define properties for
validators, like:
<f:validator validatorId=²javax.faces.Length²>
       <f:param name=²minimum² value=²1² />
      <f:param name=²maximum² value=²3² />
</f:validator>

Whether not, how can I accomplish the desired behavior?

Thanks.