webtier@glassfish.java.net

Question about Jim Driscoll's Ajax EditText Component Example

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 18:00:57 PST

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/driscoll/archive/2008/11/another_jsf_20_1.html

When following this demo, everything works fine until I try to add an actionListener or valueChangeListener to attempt to trigger an action that will actually save the new value. Has anyone had any luck with this? I'd like to pass this listener as an attribute if possible, but again, so far no luck.

I'm trying this:

<h:commandButton value="Submit" id="submit" actionListener="#{compositeComponent.attrs.actionListener}"
        onclick="return submitButton('#{compositeComponent.clientId}', event);">
        <f:ajax execute="submit editInput" render="editLink" />
</h:commandButton>

Thanks!
-Lincoln
[Message sent by forum member 'lincolnbaxter' (lincolnbaxter)]