webtier@glassfish.java.net

f:attribute not registered with component when value is an EL

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:51:39 PST

Hi,

I am trying the following code snippet:

<h:inputText ...>
<f:validator validatorId="testValidator"/>
<f:attribute name="abc" value="xyz"/>
</h:inputText>

In testValidator, I iterate over all attributes of <h:inputText ...>. I see "abc" attribute in there. No issues. But when the above code snipped is changed as follows:

<h:inputText ...>
<f:validator validatorId="testValidator"/>
[b]<f:attribute name="abc" value="[u]#{testController.xyz}[/u]"/> [/b]
</h:inputText>

I do not see the "abc" attribute in the attributes of h:inputText. testController.xyz is

    private String xyz = "test";

    public String getXyz()
    {
        return xyz;
    }

    public void setXyz( String xyz )
    {
        this.xyz = xyz;
    }

Would appreciate any help on what I could be missing.

TIA,
Babu
[Message sent by forum member 'babus_18' (babus_18)]