webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: setPropertyActionListener doesn't work property in XHTML mode

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 17:10:06 PST

I concur - I get the same results. You can use most any f:setPropertyActionListener example you find on the Web and none of them do what the authors say they will, so presumably they are not using Facelets.

What that string is, BTW, *is* the string representation of a TagValueExpression. If you were to set the bean property "fname" in your managed bean as a ValueExpression, that is

private ValueExpression fname;
public void setFname(ValueExpression fname) { this.fname = fname; }

and then do

String actualFNameValue = fname.getValue(FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getELContext());

you'd get "Jialiang" as the result. I'm not saying this *should* happen, it's merely the explanation of that string.

Arved Sandstrom
[Message sent by forum member 'arveds' (arveds)]