webtier@glassfish.java.net

Setting initial inputarea contents from request parameters

From: Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet_at_seimet.de>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 18:38:10 +0200

Hello,

Is there a good way to set the initial content of an h:inputTextarea field
with values provided as request parameters?
The background of this question is that my h:inputTextarea should not be
empty the first time it is rendered, but should already contain an
initial content. This initial content is generated in the previous
request, a navigation rule with an external redirect displays the new
page with my inputTextarea. Can I somehow add (as a request parameter)
data to a request that will automatically be used to initially fill out
my h:inputTextarea?

Best regards Uwe