webtier@glassfish.java.net

Debugging JSF?

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 07:09:17 PDT

I'm using Netbeans 6.1, and I'm debugging an issue that I'm running into and I'd like to step through some of the JSF code, specifically method processSaveState of the UIComponentBase and the StateManagerImpl.

How do I set up Netbeans so that it recognizes the source for the project and allows me to set breakpoints, step into, etc? I have downloaded the latest Mojarra sources, added them to my project, and can kinda get everything to work, but it looks like I have possibly different versions of the jars since the debugger does weird things - and complains when I try to set breakpoints in certain locations. I added the latest jars to my project - but it still doesn't quite work.

Is there an easier, more straightforward way of setting up Netbeans for debugging into the JSF code base?
[Message sent by forum member 'darrensiegel' (darrensiegel)]