users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] Re: GF crashed

From: Will Hartung <willh_at_mirthcorp.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 17:00:23 -0700

On Aug 3, 2015, at 4:41 PM, Andreas Junius wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My GF 4.1 instance crashed a few days ago. The last log message was about a StringIndexOutOfBoundsException (see below). The instance was running for months without any issues or restarts. Does anyone know what may have caused the exception listed below? Is it even possible that this exception caused the crash?
>
> Cheers,
> Andy
>
> [2015-08-02T12:35:49.061+0930] [glassfish 4.1] [SEVERE] [] [] [tid: _ThreadID=146 _ThreadName=Thread-9] [timeMillis: 1438484749061] [levelValue: 1000] [[
> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 108
> at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:646)
> at java.lang.Character.codePointAt(Character.java:4866)
> at java.util.regex.Pattern$CharProperty.match(Pattern.java:3775)
> at java.util.regex.Pattern$Curly.match0(Pattern.java:4260)
> at java.util.regex.Pattern$Curly.match(Pattern.java:4234)
> at java.util.regex.Pattern$GroupHead.match(Pattern.java:4658)
> at java.util.regex.Pattern$Start.match(Pattern.java:3461)
> at java.util.regex.Matcher.search(Matcher.java:1248)
> at java.util.regex.Matcher.find(Matcher.java:637)
> at org.glassfish.config.support.TranslatedConfigView.getTranslatedValue(TranslatedConfigView.java:102)

Wow…naively, I'd say you just stumbled upon a bug in java.util.regex.

Did you recently start using password aliasing?

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh_at_mirthcorp.com)

--
This message, and any documents attached hereto, may contain confidential
or proprietary information intended only for the use of the addressee(s)