users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] Re: Running custom code on GF thread pools

From: Pawel Veselov <pawel.veselov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 15:57:52 -0700

@Will - 4.1, sorry :)

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Phillip Ross <phillip.w.g.ross_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Pawel... I have a feeling you're looking for JEE Concurrency Utilities.
> This is "new" in JEE7/Glassfish4.x.

All right then.

I found this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeE_L9VJ4E8
There is info on how to configure the services in the "Administration
Guide" GF 4.0 doc.
I didn't find any info on this in the "Development Guide" GF 4.0 doc

I assume the interfaces that I can use for returned objects are from
java.util.concurrent package (so, JDK executor)

I don't however, see any way to the executor to any GF thread pool. It
seems that any created executor service will have a new thread pool

> Hope that helps!
> - Phillip
>
> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 5:40 PM, Pawel Veselov <pawel.veselov_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > What's the proper way of scheduling work on threads from existing GF
> thread
> > pools? I've been trawling the net for this, and I can find bits and
> pieces
> > saying it's sort of possible, but no direct references on how.
> >
> > E.g.
> > - how to create JNDI reference to a specific (named) thread pool?
> > - What is the API that the resource is compliant too (J2EE executor, JDK
> > executor, GF specific)?

Thank you,
  Pawel.